Your legal rights
In certain circumstances, you have the following legal rights in relation to your personal data:
- To request access to your personal data that we hold
- To request correction of the personal data we hold about you if it is incorrect, out of date or incomplete
- To request erasure of your personal data
- To object to processing of your personal data (please see further below)
- To request the processing of your personal data be restricted
- To request the transfer of your personal data so that it can be transferred to you or a third party that you have chosen
- To request we discontinue any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent. This will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain things to you and/or the App may not work as effectively
You have the right to object, at any time, to the processing of your personal data which is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or a third party, including where we undertake any form of automated processing of your personal data, consisting of the use of personal data to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to you, such as analysing or predicting your personal preferences. If you object to the processing, we must no longer process that personal data, unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or that the processing is required for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please Contact Us. Please note that we may not be required to comply with your request. If this is the case, we will notify you.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded or excessive (particularly where requests are repetitive). Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in such circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you in order to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data. This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask for further information in relation to your request.
Please note that we try to respond to all legitimate requests within one (1) calendar month. If this is not possible because the following month is shorter and there is no corresponding calendar date, then the date for response is the last day of the following month. If the corresponding date falls on a weekend or a public holiday, we have until the next working day to respond. For example, if we receive your request on Thursday 3 September 2020, we will have until Monday 5 October 2020 to respond, as 3 October 2020 falls on a Saturday. Occasionally, it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or if you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
If you have any questions at all in relation to this privacy notice or any other matter relating to your personal data, please feel free to Contact Us.
This privacy notice was last updated on 20 June 2022. We may change this notice by updating this page to reflect changes in the law or our data protection practices. We will also inform you of significant changes to this policy and ask for your consent should this be required by law.