Internet access on-board can truly have a big impact on encouraging passengers to travel via rail. Widely speaking, there are many reasons a passenger may choose to travel by train:
- Typically, greener than flying or travelling by car
- Mixture of short, long and easy interconnecting journeys
- Social aspects of travelling (tables of four etc)
- Food and beverage services
- Rail schemes to lower ticket prices (railcards etc)
- On-board connectivity
In this article, we will be focusing on the latter point “On-board connectivity” such as high-speed passenger WiFi. As a society we have evolved over the last decade, connectivity is becoming an integral part of our daily lives and can penultimately be the deciding factor for the passenger’s preference of transportation.